“This site is amazing! I downloaded the AccountingCoach material yesterday and it has already proved to be very useful! I recomend it for accounting students on all levels.” “Unbelievable! The website is super helpful for anyone, real professionals and non professionals. As a CPA, I almost can find all answers to any questions I may think of about real accounting. I must say you are so knowledgeable and experienced. All my students love the site, and I am not an exception. Thank you.” “I had never thought that I could learn accounting until I found this website. It is very helpful and easy to understand. A terrific source of studying accounting at no fee. Thank you very much indeed.” “I just started learning financial accounting, now I am doing the second year 3rd semester of my accounting. I think your website is a great resource for beginners and those who want to develop accounting skills in a simple way.”
Is AccountingCoach free?
A negative aspect about AccountingCoach is that although the courses are free, you do have to pay a one-time fee of $99 for the pro plus membership to get all 10 certificates of completion. The 10 certifications they offer are: Debits and Credits. Adjusting Entries.
“Many thanks to professor Averkamp and his colleagues. This has helped me review the syllabuses I had studied a long time ago. I also appreciate the ease of learning, the design of the website, and the material presented in it. Wish you all the best.” If I had found your materials 15 years ago I would have graduated without any worry. “I would like to thank Mr. Harold Averkamp and his team for this wonderful effort. This website is a great source of information for everyone who wants to learn accounting. I am thankful to you for sharing your knowledge with us. May God bless you highly for this wonderful effort.” “This site is a life saver site. Whenever I had questions in my mind and I can’t get those questions, this site always helped me. I’m a student and I know we don’t have long term memory, so this site will be a reminder to us in our field…I really really appreciate this site. Thanks a lot professor.” “Just wanted to thank you forever for this amazing website! I have never been so happy to finally understand this material. I was so incredibly lost in class and through reading this website I’m really starting to both understand and enjoy accounting. It is incredible and I am going to share it with everyone I know. I owe you forever…” “I just wanted to thank you forever for this amazing website! I have never been so happy to finally understand this material. I was so incredibly lost in class and through reading this website I’m really starting to both understand and enjoy accounting. It is incredible and I am going to share it with everyone I know. I owe you forever…”
More Resources on Small Business Accounting
“Your lectures about all topics are excellent. Love it. And I’m learning. Very helpful and clear…Thank you so much.” “This is the most marvelous site I have ever seen with valuable information for the accounting field. It helped me a lot. Thanks. You are the best accounting coach.” “This site contains everything that gives broader and understandable views to not only students, but professionals, too. Thank you for creating such a remarkable effort across the net.” “Thanks for providing this mini lesson on LCM. I still didn’t understand it after reading this section in my book at least twice. Now, you’ve helped me understand.” “Your answers to whether accounts payable and accounts receivable affects net income really helped me understand the concept of accrual basis accounting.” “I am very thankful to you for providing everyone the chance to learn accounting with no worry to pay the expensive fees.”
- “When I need accounting information, I find your website to be the most informative. Your instructions are coherent and easy to follow, and your website is easy to navigate through. Thank you for your services to your profession, and to anyone looking for correct answers.”
- “I have been using AccountingCoach as my go-to to research some things I had forgotten or was unsure of. It has been a tremendous help for me and my colleagues. It has also helped me with some CPA questions. I have recommended AccountingCoach to my friends and will continue to recommend it.”
- Check Udemy for discounted prices on in-depth classes taught by excellent instructors.
- Although you don’t need a diploma, online bookkeeping certification programs can help you stand out from other candidates.
- “I am working as a staff accountant for a small battery company and I have a bachelor’s degree in business management. I took basic accounting classes in school, but nothing that could help me prepare financial statements. This program has helped me to understand T-accounts, and also debits and credits. It is easy to follow, well explained and has quizzes and tests. I am very happy with my decision of joining this program.”
One of the benefits of taking online bookkeeping classes from Coursera is learning from well-known universities, like the University of Illinois. Coursera partners with more than 200 universities and companies to deliver course materials that are job-relevant, affordable, and flexible. At the end of the course, you’ll understand the main types of financial statements and why they’re used, how to record financial transactions and their impact on the financial statements, the basics of the accrual basis of accounting, and how to account for accounts receivable and inventory. These are the most basic accounting topics any beginning bookkeeper needs to understand. A bookkeeping class gives you an overview of the primary functions and concepts of bookkeeping, such as financial statements and journal entries, as well as how to record expenses, profits, revenues, losses, and much more.
“This site is awesome. I understand basic accounting better with the help of this free site.” “Wow!! What a great site I found, I was thinking why I didn’t find it before? Really very helpful for a layman, student and professionals. Thanks for the management who are hard working at this website.”
“I appreciate your website. I am beginning to understand the financial statements. Thank you.” “Amazing Site, I must say. The Explanation has enormous assuage that anyone can learn accounting at a good level.” “Superb website where I can learn online in depth about accounting. Thanks to AccountingCoach who is building my career in Accounting. Thanks once again.”
The only difference between the Pro and the Pro Plus memberships is that the Pro Plus includes certificates for certain areas of accounting. I am an enthusiastic presenter of a wide range of topics to engaged accountants, bookkeepers and SMBs who believe in the benefits of Cloud Technology, especially FinTech. Once you’re done with the introductory level course, you can move on to the free intermediate bookkeeping course covering topics such as reconciling control accounts and the cashbook. The free option gives you access to the text version of topic explanations and a handy quiz to test what you’ve just learned. Although it’s not free to get a digital certificate (the cost is roughly $25), it is free to share your learner record or learner achievement verification as a way of demonstrating that you’ve completed the course and passed the assessment.
- “I am an accounting student, and have been using AccountingCoach to get a fresh interpretation of the topics we are going over in class. I am also planning to use it as a reference/review between semesters. If you are an accounting student, AccountingCoach PRO is a worthy investment.”
- “Thanks a lot for this site, I recommend to use this site from all accountants as a guide.”
- “I am an undergrad accounting student and I just wanted to say thank you for the free info given on your website. It really helps me a lot.”
- “Great resource! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be a lifelong Accounting and Finance learner.”
- ” Great website, it’s so easy to understand the material, with concise answers. I am an Accounting student at FAU, it really helped me.”
- “Thank you for the big effort in AccountingCoach.com. The site is both helpful and useful to students, educators and accountants in all levels of the profession.”
The free courses can be completed in as few as several hours and don’t include a certificate of completion. The most expensive online bookkeeping classes can take five months to a year to complete but will come with a diploma or bookkeeping license. All of the instructional materials provided by AccountingCoach are created by Harold Averkamp, a CPA and MBA with over 25 years of accounting experience. The biggest drawback to this online bookkeeping accountingcoach reviews class is that you can’t reach out to Mr. Averkamp to ask questions. However, his detailed Q&A library includes the answers to more than 1,000 questions. Unlike many of the other online bookkeeping courses we reviewed, you’ll be able to interact with the student services department, experienced instructors, and other students if you want. This is a good option for people who want to know support is just an email or phone call away.
AccountingCoach offers self-paced courses to help you learn bookkeeping fundamentals and to grasp key concepts better. The site is run by Harold Averkamp, who was an accounting instructor at the university. The site is known for the way Harold simplifies the explanation of complex topics. When you join the program, you get access to ongoing skills training, tools, resources, dedicated support, and personalized education. You can also be added to the partner directory where you and FreshBooks customers can be matched up. This is because many business owners have traded spreadsheets for accounting software as a way to make their lives easier. If you complete all six courses included in the program, you’ll get a badge of completion to display on your LinkedIn profile, which can be a good way to share your bookkeeping knowledge with your existing network and future clients or employers.
But if you’re serious about developing the skills needed to work with finance and want to leave no stone unturned, it could be worth the investment. The class continues with more advanced topics, like how to analyze the capital structure of a company and determine various accounting ratios (leverage ratios, profitability ratios, asset ratios, etc.). When you’re finished you should have a solid foundation in bookkeeping for small businesses, and you’ll have a completion certificate to show for it.